The Probate Attorneys at Piet & Wright pledge to provide the highest quality legal service for all areas of the Probate process. We promise to give our clients the dedicated attention needed coupled with the respect and appreciation our clients deserve.
The probate process can be daunting depending on whether there was a will or trust in place or if there was no will or trust at all.
If a person dies without a will or trust their turned to have died intestate. where the person has a will they are deemed to have died testate meaning they have a valid “Last Will and Testament.” The probate process involves the courts determining of the legal ownership of property along with the assignment and supervision of the duties of execution of the executor and his work. Where there is no valid will, the Court will execute probate according to the individual states law. Having a valid last will and testament does not enable you to escape the probate process. This is where our attorney’s involvement is the most valuable to the estate.
Our probate services typically involve:
- Probate administration
- Preparing all legal and accounting documents
- Making all court appearances for the probate
- Ensure all necessary deadlines are met
- Managing, selling, and transferring real estate owned by the deceased
- Managing, selling, or transferring a business owned by the deceased
- Resolving inheritance issues and disagreements
- Minimizing/Defending Lawsuits and claims against the deceased’s estate
- Inaccessable bank accounts and investments owned by the deceased
- Other probate concerns and unique situations that need resolution
- Issues involving the validity of the will.
- Locate heirs
- Will contests